Tuesday 21 June 2016

Tony I'm back!

Nearing the end of my Watford course, I took part in the interviews to see who will be the next top talent to grace the course.

I had the honour of sharing the hot seat with Tony as we judged portfolios to setting a one hour brief, everything was given 2-3 minutes presenting time.

So any of you reading this blog planning to get onto the Watford course, be quick and clear.

(There are literally loads of examples how to present your ideas all over my blog.)

But the most important thing I felt we looked for was passion and energy, that burning desire to get knocked down and get back up again and keep on going.

I'll always say this and I'll say it again talent doesn't make this business that is advertising, its passion and energy, god dam willpower!

I like to think, and this is how I do a book critic, to review the individual as well as the book, because its not the book I am hiring, its you.

And its only you that will improve, the book is simply extension of you.

So for people who just review the book not the person, there losing out.

The interview was fascinating, learning how Tony judged and picked those he felt would work well for the course, I like to think of it as learning experience for when I run a agency or even a course.

I hope to do both in the future.

And I think I am on track with my predictions so far, as I was welcomed by a email this morning from interviewee who I told I felt had got onto the course yesterday.

It is that same interviewee that has inspired me to get this blog back up and running, as I have discovered that most of the interviewees this year use this blog as source material.

I was over the moon to hear and see the effects of this blog in work with her presenting work in similar fashion to me at my interview.

And as a result getting on!

So I want to carry on this good work and post my experiences in agency life, tips on how to be a better creative and of course what this blog was originally built for how to prepare for the Watford course!

So please email me at creativebrummie@gmail.com if you are serious and hungry to get into Watford and break into this amazing industry that is advertising.

I will answer your questions and even set you the right briefs to make your book attractive and Watford fit for the course/industry.

Now I am trying to figure out how to finish this post, I guess it will have to be with man boobs!

Man boobs that solve problems!

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading