Saturday 23 November 2013

Screw the bear and the hare, this is John Lewis best christmas ad thus far!

adam&eveDDB latest Christmas commercial for John Lewis lacks depth, and I'll tell you why! 1. its cliche, I mean how many times have people paired a rabbit up with a bear, forest critters celebrating Christmas, yes very original... and 2. there is no twist, nothing really jumped out at me in the commercial, perhaps if the bear ate the rabbit for Christmas dinner then I would be like YEP well done adam&eve, but no nothing grabbed me.

The only thing going for this Christmas commercial is execution and reputation, the idea is weak and I think adam&eveDDB are living off their own hype too much, STAY FOCUSED! and listen to what Eddie Murphy had to say about your commercial, credit goes to one of my favourite blogs 'If This Is a Blog Then What's Christmas?' for sourcing this -



Now lets go back 2011 to what I believe is their BEST work for John Lewis, it all builds up to a sweet twist, watch and enjoy, AGHHHH CHRISTMAS IS COMING XD




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading