Friday 22 November 2013

I WAS EXPECTING THAT! *yawn*

SATT Syndrome, oh the dreaded SATT Syndrome, the same advert three times, it becomes a curse for a creative without them even knowing it, basically you know your idea is not big enough when it relies on the same execution over and over again but with a slight differ in the visual approach, here is a example I found through one of my favourite blogs 'I Believe in Advertising' -




What is the problem of the SATT Syndrome you might ask? WELL you want to excite your audience, think about it, like watching a movie the best ones have a unexpected twist that makes it soo much more, giving the viewer a treat rather then boring them to death with a obvious ending, OH YES I CAN SEE WHAT IS COMING! but what you want to do is BOOM OHHH YOU DID NOT EXPECT THAT! Not saying that your executions to make a campaign have to all be completely different, but consider this, imagine there triplets all born of the same cloth but different in their ways, each one has its own personality, but there is no hiding that you can clearly notice his brother or sister! Thats the balance you want to gain BUT hey I did say there are no rules, let me repeat that NO RULES to what we do, all I am giving you is advice to avoid boring your audience!

Now I bring this thought up not just to offer you support to your ideas but also to remind me consistently of this terrible disease, for my last campaign part of my challenge of a idea everyday was a mirrored example and I am grateful I noticed it! Its shows I am well aware and not blind to cue myself and produce exciting campaigns, in the ethos of the economist campaign done by the incredible copywriter that is David Abbott! RIP inspiring creative your campaign is still alive and kicking in the hearts of your audience, now thats a example to follow!


Anyway PEACE OUT folks and I hope you take on board what I am saying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading