Sunday 20 October 2013

The Beginning of the Beginning.

Hello and welcome to my new blog and hopefully the first post of many to come on my journey to get onto the Tony Cullingham course of creative advertising, to me the holy grail and gateway into the big creative agencies that occupy our world with their creative talent that is seen by millions everyday, and this exposure attracts me, but that is only one reason of many that pulls me into the art of advertising!

Through self-discovery in my studies I am a idea man, with my most prized possession being my little handy red book, I write down every creative thought that comes into my head! which I review later as a possible missing piece of a big jigsaw puzzle I am working on being my career and aim to be a globally recognised creative director, rubbing shoulders with the biggest of clients around the world. You might say this is crazily ambitious, but in the words of Paul Arden -

IT'S NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE,  IT'S HOW GOOD YOU WANT TO BE.

In your spare time please read his book titled in these words that I follow as gossip, brilliant piece on creative thinking! And that is the strength I am working on 'Creative Thinking' or in the words of Bill Hicks 'Machination', for to succeed in this profession I believe you have to knock down mental barriers, and when you do, everything will seem so easy, like your Megamind coming up with clever solutions! well not always resulting in failure BUT remember it only takes one massive idea to make the world stand up and play to your tune.. screw money...  ideas make the world go round!

And that folks is the main reason I am in the game of advertising, many say its evil, making you want rather then need, but can you imagine a world without it, where the lack of demand will result in the increase of cost to produce thus more money coming out your wallet for a daily shop at the supermarket, and all those favourite brands of yours being out of reach! Advertising balances this making a increase of demand thus bigger orders to produce equaling less pay, like going to a printer and getting it cheaper in batch then one sheet! But enough with me trying to defend it, being a subjective art form its down to your opinion!

So I hope you follow my blog of personal progress towards my aim of being part of Tony's crew, specially if your creative like me, might get some interesting thoughts, so I finish with this video which always cracks me up, not just because I love Bill Hick's dark humour but the way he describes advertising & marketing in general!


P.S. By looking through my very complicated first post, I have concluded to challenge myself in reducing the amount of words I say, specially against this novel, for Less is More! Ok Dan shut up! bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading