Sunday 27 October 2013

DANSCOTT

Many of my friends will tell you I love my name, saying it in pride whenever I introduce myself, 'DANSCOTT' that is how it comes out, for I like to say my first and second name together as one without breaks! My reason is it just sounds right! only two syllables rolling off the end of the tongue, short and simple to remember and that leads me to the point of this post of branding yourself!

One of my ambitions is to turn my name into a global brand! (remember 'It's not how good you are, It's how good you want to be!') and to achieve this I will of course take into account the methodology of advertising & marketing, and one example I believe will really help in this gradual development is Saatchi & Saatchi's global CEO Kevin Roberts marketing concept on Lovemarks, the ideal of a brand being more! and a book I have in my procession which I really need to read! (sorry folks if I repeat myself from past posts) ok here is a short video I have found that clearly explains it from the man himself -



YES! I want my brand, my name to be LOVED! beyond reason! but I bet you ask why? Is it not our job to focus on making client's brands attractive too, through attractive campaigns? Well this is more of a personal goal, then a career one, but I feel if I can make my identity, my name in the ethos of a loveable brand, I could set up a agency like 'Dan Scott & Co', and thus my name will be soo recognisable due to the building up of status, that it would sell without me jumping out of nowhere with a magic pitch! BUT also I want to be famous, yes its true, I dream of stardom, and this idea of turning my name into a brand originates from this feeling, but its only half the job done, for you need yourself to support the brand's personality, again that results back to breaking down mental barriers and being yourself, unembarrassed of who you are thus act like!

Going further I came across this point of view from a book again I highly recommend 'It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be.'. On page 18-19 author Paul Arden talks about wanting to be as famous as a brand, and uses Victoria Beckham's ambition of wanting to be in the same stance as a world brand like Persil Automatic. It's this highly original imagination that got her where she is today, so from that evidence I take this as a feather in my cap to achieve!

In the end my aim to be a global brand adds to my personal development of having the confidence to do work for the BIG clients and gives me a highly original identity/imagination to work from and attract potential clients, employers and employees when I plan to build my own business, if anything it adds flavour to have a real character in the agency and I want to be that man! So I end this post with a little piece of street art I did in a workshop during my trip to Berlin, very interesting and culturally deep city, defiantly worth a visit, a least a week to fit everything in! but yeah I was taught that the essence of Graffiti is simply writing your name, a tag as most describe it, to basically spread your name and be famous, a ego point of view, so thats what I did! PEACE OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading